Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question {loadposition XXX} in forum header description possible???

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #1 by shipedia
Hello everybody,
i really need your help!

I would like to display a module with {loadposition XXX} in the forum header. In the category-view is it working, but in the thread-view not... please see attached picture:

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by shipedia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
For information about module positions in Kunena, see Module Positions
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shipedia

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #3 by shipedia
I know the module positions very good, but it´s not possible to show a selected module only in category X... I only need your explanation, why it´s working in the category view and not in the detailled view (means: directly in the thread). Please have a look at the attached pictures. I think there could be a simple CSS-Solution!? :cheer:

Hope to hear from u soon! B)

More
13 years 5 months ago #4 by shipedia
Nobody can help? I need a CSS guru... ;-)

More
13 years 5 months ago #5 by fxstein
Hmm - This is not a CSS issue.

What is the name of the module position you are using? Is it one of the Kunena internal ones or one from the Joomla template?

If it is a Joomla template module position, do you have it published to all the proper menu entries?

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #6 by shipedia
Hello,

thank you for your quick answer!!

This moduleposition is one of joomla´s template. I´ve created a new one. It´s published on all sites! Then I wrote this into the Forum Header Description:
Code:
[center]{loadposition userfotoscelebrity}[/center]

I´m wondering why it is working in the overview, but not in the detailled thread... :dry:

Fyi: It´s a Module from Joomgallery (mod_joomimg).

More
13 years 5 months ago #7 by shipedia

More
13 years 5 months ago #8 by fxstein
You might want to supply a link or even better the configuration report. That way somebody can look at your site and see what is going on.

I believe the problem is that in the detailed message view, the forum header info is simply not output by Kunena.

However, there are other module positions you can leverage for that.

Got to the page you want to have your module to show and add ?tp=1 to the URL.

e.g. www.kunena.org/forum/170-k-16-templates-...iption-possible?tp=1

It will show you all module positions available on that page. Right now the one closest to what you want to do would be kunena_poll. Try publishing a copy of that module to that position and you should see your gallery on top of the message detailed view.

Hope this helps!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #9 by shipedia
fxstein wrote:

I believe the problem is that in the detailed message view, the forum header info is simply not output by Kunena.

Can I hack this output?

This is an example link:

www.shipedia.eu/index/forum/28-carnival-cruise-lines.html

I have built a new moduleposition. I thought that would work in the detailed message view too...

www.shipedia.eu/index/forum/28-carnival-cruise-lines?tp=1

fxstein wrote:

Right now the one closest to what you want to do would be kunena_poll. Try publishing a copy of that module to that position and you should see your gallery on top of the message detailed view.

This position would be perfect, but I want to show different gallery-categories in different kunena-categories... That´s the barrier...! :unsure: And this would do the job, if the output would work... ;)

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #10 by shipedia
What about this new module positions?? Has anyone checked this out?

kunena_section_1 ... kunena_section_n, where n = number of section in a page (new in Kunena 1.6.1)

kunena_topic_1 ... kunena_topic_n, where n = number of topics in a page (new in Kunena 1.6.1)

Does it mean, that these positions can be displayed only in a special category??

Time to create page: 0.555 seconds